Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Queen City Represents, University of Florida Makes History


Charlotte-native and former Independence High School star Chris Leak led the Florida Gators to a National Champsionship last night, dogging the Ohio State Buckeyes 41-14.
My interest in NCAA Football this year has been beyond pathetic. I didn't watch a single game in its entirety, and I spent most Saturdays doing something other than sitting on the couch watching sports. My brother is ashamed of me, for sure.
Nevertheless, I'm happy to see a hometown boy do so well. In another article, ESPN says, "Chris Leak's time finally came Monday night, but he and his Florida teammates didn't just finish it off with a championship. They finished it off with something approaching the perfect game."
Of course, now the University of Florida is the first team ever to hold the Football and Basketball National Championship trophies simultaneously. Man, where's the Heels' football program when you need it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home