Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm Excited About This Band and I Haven't Even Heard Them Yet!

Y'all like irony? My devout Presbyterian grandma gave me a Borders gift card for Christmas, and I used it to purchase The Thermals' The Body The Blood The Machine, an anti-religion punk rock album.

I'm also planning to see these guys when they come to the Black Cat in March. Finally, Pitchfork reported in March that The Thermals turned down a $50,000 offer from Hummer to use one of their songs in an SUV commercial. Sticking it to the man is a bit unwise and a lot hypocritical - but, damn, is it not fun to read about?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sid Avenger said...

How exactly is that sticking it to the man?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bob Harris said...

Um.......good question. In some languages, "sticking it to the man" is synonymous with "making bad financial decisions in the name of self-righteous anti-corporate grandstanding."

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home