Friday, December 01, 2006

Top Ten Albums of 2006

by Alexander Wilkins

I feel like I spent most of the year catching up with classic albums or ones released in the past few years, but the best album that I know was released this year was by far "The Wee Hours Revue" from Roman Candle, a Chapel Hill band who was picked up by V2 Records (home to the White Stripes). Every song is a standout while the album as a whole flows like the second-half of "Abbey Road." Check 'em out yourself at www.romancandlemusic.com.

I'd also include Pearl Jam's self-titled release this year. After that, the only other albums from this year that I've got in regular rotation are "St. Elsewhere" by Gnarls Barkley and "Ganging Up On the Sun" by Guster, both solid but not perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home