Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Top Ten Albums of 2006

by Sinister Joe

10.
A) Cold War Kids - Robbers and Cowards
B) Nouvelle Vague - Bande a Part
Been listening to these a lot lately - They may not be some of the best albums released this year, but I didn't listen to much else. Cold War Kids were great live and the songs are catchy.
Nouvelle Vague sing covers of The Cramps, New Order, and Echo and the Bunnymen but in a different, French sort of way. My favorite is a cover of Buzzcocks song "Ever Fallen in Love."

9. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
They wooed me into becoming a follower of their geek clan when I saw them live last month.

8. Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat
I also loved her in The Wizard and Troop Beverly Hills.

7. Band of Horses - Everything All the Time

6. Bob Dylan - Modern Times
I didn't listen to this album enough this year, but it's one that will go into heavy rotation in the future.

5. Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid of You and I will Beat Your Ass
This became one of my favorite albums of the year the minute I turned it on at the listening station at Olsson's.

4. The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
This one just recently grew on me. I don't know what took me so long.

3. Junior Boys - So This is Goodbye
I generally like Canadian indie electronic pop groups that are hyped by bloggers. This is no exception. Thanks to Donald for introducing me to them.

2. TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain

I'm not crazy about every song on this album , but songs like Wolf Like Me and Dirtywhirl are unbelievably good.

1. Neko Case - The Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
I want to be her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home