Thursday, October 12, 2006

To Deny Genocide is a Crime - Literally

I wish this law would apply to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Sudanese government. The BBC reports that the French Parliament passed a law declaring it a crime to deny that Turkey committed genocide in Armenia after World War I. Don't tell the Turkish government that - they still deny it ever happened. Understandably, this new law will have serious effects on French-Turkish relations, especially as they apply to Turkey's bid to join the European Union.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sinister Joe said...

i don't think it was passed as a law yet... just a bill. still, it's pretty unbelievable.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bob Harris said...

I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a bill.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home