Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Band of Horses



Show Season, Round 3. Band of Horses came to the Black Cat last night and brought a whole bunch of beards and plaid with them. Apparently, the Music from Big Pink look is the new indie.

Wisely, the band played their hit song "The Funeral" early, getting it out of the way to prevent over-anticipation from killing it. Unwisely, the band did not play "St. Augustine." Wisely, the band covered David Allan Coe's "You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin'." [EDITOR'S NOTE: The Coe cover features one of the top 5 lyrics of all time: "I was drunk the day my momma got out of prison./ And when I went to pick her up in the rain./ But before I could get there in my pickup truck/ she got run over over by a damned ole train.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home